Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Artsy Wednesday T.4

We are happy to present our second guest poster on Artsy Wednesday. The photo's included are just a tiny representation of her collection of handmade lovelies! Please also check out her webshop.
Thank you, Ilona!
Ivy's Interview
Name: Ilona    
Age: 46
Occupation: Crafter and workshop”maker” shop assistant
Country: Holland

Website:  www.ivyswebshop.nl

1.Tell us why, how and when you started crafting?
Ever since I can remember I have been crafting with fabric. I started dressing my Barbie dolls and never stopped making things. In school I loved being taught how to sew, knit, crochet, anything. My mum used to make all my clothes so she is an inspiration because she can also make anything.

2.Why do you love crafting?
It’s something I have to do. My head is always full of ideas and projects. And I love it when my ideas become reality.  
3.What is your favourite type of craft?
Sewing and machine embroidering


4.What is the most pretty thing you have made?
I cannot choose because I have made so many things in this life. Usually the last thing I’ve made is the prettiest thing.

5.Tell us what makes your crafts special?
Because I’m so versatile maybe that is special. I can do so many things with needle and thread! I always try to be a bit different, a little outsight the lines.

6.What do you use for inspiration?
Anything! Magazines, music and to be honest sometimes I just make something similar with my own twist.

7.Would you like to show us were you do your craft magic?
Of course! I call it my sweet little room and I’ve shown it already on my blog.


8.Would you like to share/ include a fun craft tutorial with us?

9.What sort of crafting would you still love to try out?
Machine Knitting. But on the other hand I always say that I don’t want any more hobbies because I haven’t  got the time.

10.Have you got any advice for those who would love to start crafting?
No, just do it. Some people have no technical background and make beautiful things and others do everything by the book. There is no wrong or right way. That’s what great about crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Rory and Sadie are sitting in a tree...
R E A D I N G.....All your lovely comments!